Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Job

I think I am going to like it - if one can tell after only a few days!!

I have had some ask me about my "finally got a job" comment. I guess what I meant was that I am no longer a "lady of leisure," but back to being a full time working girl. I must tell you - I am a way out of shape for working 8 - 5 every day! Bob and Steve seem to both be handling the change well - I on the other hand am pooped.

So what did you give up/take on for Lent? I am sending out the meditations and I am also dedicating myself to reading the Bible. I started out reading maybe 1 or 2 chapters of the New Testament every night, but it has turned into about 30-45 minutes every night. For me, that is quite a few more than a "few" chapter since I read so quickly. I am really enjoying it and hopefully gaining much from it.

Love you all!

3 comments:

tigerdrea said...

I'm taking on the tread mill and giving up fast food. I'm taking on action and giving up laziness. I don't know how well any of that will turn out, but it's all I've got right now.

upwiththesun said...

Hope the job is everything you hope for! Daniel and I are "adopting" a child from China for lent...saving our pennies, nickels, dimes and coffee money to send for her care until she has a permanent home. I can do without the designer coffee...and he is a wizard at "finding money" in the cushions, under the car seats, etc.!!

Erin said...

I gave up coffee altogether. This is difficult...I had to be at school at 8 a.m. in Moore AND we have a new 7-11 that was giving away free coffee for a week! No Starbucks, but 7-11 Hot Cupps are good! I'm also trying to be healthier in general. Maybe not just for Lent, sort of forever.