- When I walk up to my mail box, the crunch of the gravel sounds exactly like it did when we "walked around the mountain" at Aunt Grace and Uncle Ben's
- All motorcycle shops smell the same - even those that sell street bikes.
- I sleep with the covers pulled up over my head just like Grandma Geneva did
- No body makes Hushpuppies like Mrs. Miller did - although Bert's Diner comes very close
- Happy was not the only bulldog that could wriggle that way - they all do when you talk to them. I think that they have no idea that they are not shaped like a poodle and look really goofy doing their dance.
Monday, May 08, 2006
The odd things we remember
Most of this will not mean a thing to you unless you have known me for 45 years.
Posted by TransplantedOkie at Monday, May 08, 2006