Thursday, April 03, 2008

A New World's Record

Today was destined to be one of those days. You know the ones I mean: nothing turns out quite like we think it ought and we are generally out of sorts for the duration.

I had to be in Leonardtown at 7:00 this morning. This means I had to leave my house at 6 a.m. We were not amused.

So I go to the Leonardtown Rotary meeting at 7 a.m. (the second Rotary meeting I have attended in the past week) where I listen to the coordinators of one of our programs proceed to tell the group that we really don't have anything to do with their program - they just basically rent space from us. CLUE: HUGE No-No.

After my head stopped spinning and my eyeballs returned to their sockets I had to get up try to speak civilly about how wrong this pin head was. Fun Times.

I then go to the Leonardtown office where the first thing I see is a big poster on OUR door promoting and fund raising event for a DIFFERENT non-profit. What. the. hell. As Erin would say/write.

After that was fixed, I got in my car to come back to the office (by this time it is 10:30) I receive a call that my boss has decided that she wants me to write a grant. A grant that is due by noon tomorrow.

Well boys and girls, it is 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time and I have just finished said grant and made all 16 copies that are required.

I am going home to hide under my blanket now.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wowza. It was one of those days here too...

Abby said...

Yikes. It was here too. I think it was nationwide.