Monday, December 31, 2007

It's time

Yep - a short year ago I was resolving to continue my intense dislike for TO and all things Dallas/Texas related. While frivolous at best, that was a resolution that I was able to keep all year. This year maybe I will work on something a little more substantive.

These are in no particular order just in case you were wondering.

Have more patience with the people who disagree with me. I am so busy thinking, "Will you please just hurry and see it my way!" that I am not truly listening to what the other person is trying to tell me. Who knows, I might change my mind (then again, I might start to like Dallas too).

Quit joining groups/clubs/things and then be resentful of the time they take. Either be all in or all out.

Take a trip with my sistah. The last time we took a trip together it was in the back of a Ford station wagon on the way to Colorado Springs. Maybe Santa Fe or some artsy fun place (and I know she loves Santa Fe!) Hope you think this is a good one, Dawn, since if you don't it is really going to mess with the success of this one!

Lobby for a Sonic Drive-In to be built within a 25 mile radius of my home. This is a purely humanitarian effort to make the lives of the people in my community better.

Continue my obsessive love of shoes - it's good to have one you know you can slam dunk.

Others that are between me and God for now. Those are the really important ones...and the ones that will take all His help to keep.

Blessings in the New Year. I love all of you!

7 comments:

Erin said...

I like the shoe goal. Nice one.

upwiththesun said...

I would love to take a trip with you if you'll just stay on your side of the car and not hog the window. I'll even do my best not to get car sick since I know how much that irritates you! Santa Fe? Savannah? Colorado Springs? You get back from Italia and I'll get back from NYC and then we'll plan!!!

TransplantedOkie said...

Savannah would be fun - I have never been there. And I think I can ride the train down. What a hoot!

upwiththesun said...

I've never been there either, but it has been on my list for a long time. I'd like to see the gardens, Juliette Lowe's home, etc. etc. Maybe an idea hatching!

OkieGran said...

I vote for Savannah--just be sure you read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil---before you go and you will love every one of those squares! and all those stories--and oh what a fab cemetery---I gush, can you tell I loved Savannah?
then on the other hand.....revisiting Colo.Spgs would be nice too.....

Erin said...

If you go to Savannah and I don't go there will be repercussions.

I feel like you are all warned.

Abby said...

Paula Dean lives in Savannah....

And she warned you....