Sunday, July 22, 2007

Wild about Harry

I have brought an end to my family's secret shame: I have read Harry Potter.

Not all of them, mind you. The first three. I have to admit my favorite line is in the first one when Harry asks Hagrid the difference between a stalagmite and an stalactite and Hagrid says that stalagmite's got an "m" in it. That made me laugh out loud, thus securing Hagrid's place on the list of favorites.

I am tired of Draco Malfoy and ready for him to be zapped into the oblivion. Snape is also on my last nerve and either needs to redeem himself or begone.

Steve has Youth Group this afternoon so I am planning on reading book 4.

I shall let you know what I think.

4 comments:

upwiththesun said...

Oh my gosh...I don't think I could have read that many in three days. I'd be crazy. I did reread them all right before the last book, but this time I think I'll just plunge right in. Got my copy yesterday, but I'm finishing a new Kris Radish book first. Hagrid is my favorite character and then Ron's family probably because when they describe them I think they all look alot like you did as a kid!!

Erin said...

I just finished 7. Please hurry and finish the HEPTOLOGY so we can discuss.

I have a mad crazy crush on Ron.

Ally_C said...

Unbelievably proud that you have finished the first three... you like, right?! :)
Ron is also my favorite... reminds me of Jordan. Might be the freckles, I don't know!
Halfway finished with the seventh book.... if she kills Ron, I will be hunting JK Rowling down!!!

Barb said...

My daughter challenged me to read them because I've been asking her questions about the last book. I'm on #5. #4 is my favorite so far, the friendship conflicts, jealously, working through their relationship issues - loved it. I am sick of Draco too! He deserves the biggest whomping. I love the Weasleys. When I grow up I want to be just like them!