Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Better Today!

Good news - I am in a much better mood today! Must have just been my turn and now I can pass it on.

Yesterday Bob and I drove down to Solomon's Island to go to Clipper's Canine Cafe and Nautical Boutique (is that the sound of my children gagging? Why, yes, I think it is), but darn it, they were closed. Fear not friends, the trip was not wasted! We went to Woodburn's so I could have a Betty. The Betty is the best sandwich known to man. It has shrimp, salmon, fresh tuna, and scallops on Italian bread with cheddar cheese on both sides. That way when they grill it all the stuff melts into the cheese and doesn't fall out (I know that is my sister gagging). Bob had some gourmet liver biscotti (yech) and all was good. We then drove up to Prince Frederick where I found a store that also carries the type of dog food Bob likes (cue children to roll eyes).

Today Bob went to be groomed. Much better than the last grooming. He was WAY too girly-man dog last time. I also finished knitting a ruffled scarf while I watched a movie on TV. So not horribly productive (I did do all the laundry however), but certainly not the snit I was in yeterday. I also made it to Borders and they had the book Misquoting Jesus. I will let you know what I think.

Thanks everyone for your nice coments! I needed them and they were appreciated. I get into a little pity party every now and then, and it is nice to know you love me in spite of it!

5 comments:

Batpug said...

I hope that Clipper's Canine Cafe and Nautical Boutique is a place where canines can dine, and not a place where canines are on the menu...

TransplantedOkie said...

CLUTCH THE PEARLS! Clippers Canine Cafe certainly does not have canines on the menu. Bob assures me that they have the best liver biscotti ever. Since I do not share his enthusiasm for that particular delicacy, I can only trust his judgement.

upwiththesun said...

gag, hack, ack, spit, spew...

Erin said...

Mom, you like Bob more than us.

TransplantedOkie said...

Erin, would you like me to send you some liver biscotti? I don't want you to feel left out!