Wednesday, April 25, 2007

It's only Wednesday?

Are you sure? Because I feel like it should really be Friday.

Friday cannot come soon enough because it will be Game Night at the Seely household! That's right: another long held Oklahoma tradition brought to the unwashed masses here in Maryland.

We will not be playing our patented form of crazy dominoes where we all cheat like weasels. Rather we shall be playing Apples to Apples with David and Betty (Episcopal priest, recent recipient of his doctoral degree from Oxford and his lovely bride a former teacher from Louisiana), Mike and Alicia (he is some computer guru for the Government and she is an opera singer), Sue and Mike (she runs her own construction business, carves duck decoys for which people pay thousands of dollars, and he has a commercial fishing business that includes the boat that was used in "A Perfect Storm" which, PS, he also captained for the film) and Steve (President of a "major privately held business" and diaconate candidate) and me (uh...yeah). I plan on whipping their butts one and all...I mean a major smack down

David's book was recently picked up by a publisher and he received the final artwork for the cover today. We are celebrating by having game night, pizza, and whatever wine one drinks while trying to keep up with the brainiacs. I have to behave because on Saturday we are having the (Fanfare music inserted here please, preferably bagpipes) The Diocese of Washington Annual Day of the Order of the Daughters of the King at our little parish. Since I am president of our chapter, I think I have an obligation not to look like something the cat coughed up.

Also, Steve and I are leaving for Philadelphia immediately after this event, and there is no fate than driving for a long period of time after an evening of over-training. I feel queasy just thinking about it in fact. Not that I have ever done that, mind you. I have just heard.

Steve has a meeting all day Sunday so I might be hitting this exhibit. Then back to our lovely home Sunday night. A fast and furious trip, but one that I am sure will be fun. I know all of our children are soooo very sorry that they will not be along to hear all of the songs that we will make up on the way and sing at the top of our lungs. Maybe we will make a CD for you and that can be your Christmas present from us this year.

6 comments:

Dad on the East Coast said...

A game night, I must review the rules of Apples to Apples so that I can begin to figure out my "cheat like a weasel" strategy! (In between food and libation, of course!)

upwiththesun said...

Could you include some limericks on your cd, please!!

TransplantedOkie said...

Would you like those limericks set to music or just a dramatic recitation?

Erin said...

There is no cheating in Apple to Apples...you just have to make the best case for your card. It is ridiculously funny...

My two personal faves:
Green Card: Scary
Red Card: Icebergs because they are nature's terrorism (Global Warming? The War on Terror)

Green Card: Shy
Red Card: Socks, they hide in shoes all day

TransplantedOkie said...

Thanks for those tips

Lisa said...

I so have to know more about this game! Sounds entertaining.