Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A side trip down memory lane

I just found out that it is the 60th Anniversary of "Good Night Moon."

I cannot recall how many times I read:
"Goodnight room. Goodnight moon.
Goodnight cow jumping over the moon.
Goodnight light, and the red balloon..."

to a sweet sleepy child. I know that Erin, stickler for detail that she is, would always catch me if I tried to leave anything out. John Forrest would have preferred the Bruno the Beagle book, but was a good sport about hearing another story.

I understand that the book has been made into a video. I think is a crime against humanity and whoever came up with this horrible idea should be spanked and sent to bed with absolutely NO story.

Thanks Sweet Pea and Doodle Bug for giving me those nice memories.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Now I know why I call Theo Doodle...